Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Muppet that time forgot: Crazy Harry


Crazy Harry is the pyrotechnic expert on The Muppet Show. An unkempt figure with wild eyes and a mad cackle, he delights in blowing things up. In addition to explosions, he played the triangle bell in the Muppet Orchestra during the first season opening and closing. His finest hour may well have been in episode 306, accompanying Jean Stapleton on the explodaphone for a particularly frantic rendition of "I'm Just Wild About Harry."

The explodaphone? I think it just might be my favorite new instrument! Y'know, now that I think about it: I'm unkempt, wild-eyed, and possess a mad cackle as well... Crazy Harry, are you my true father?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 15, 2007 2:20 PM, Blogger The Dork said...

Also remember one of his best episodes: Ballerinas are politely dancing around the stage. In between musical phrases, he pops in and out setting off explosions with the plunger in time with the music. Beautiful.

 
At June 15, 2007 8:32 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

I don't remember Crazy Harry although I do love the muppets! The Swedish Chef has always been my fav but I think I may have cast my vote too soon!
Explodaphone lessons? Sign me up!!

 
At October 11, 2008 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, the times demanded we forget this character. As much as I love the muppets, I just don't see Crazy Harry being funny in a post-9/11 world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home