Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sorry for the long absence. Been out scouring the high seas.

Alright, already. You're sick of coming here and looking at the world's manliest hairdresser. I got the message loud and freaking clear. But y'know what? The damn Spanish Main don't plunder itself! That's right, if I don't get up bright and early every morning, strap on an eyepatch and a cutlass and get out there and shiver some timbers, I don't get any dubloons. Welcome to the pirate economy.

The funny thing is, I've had a like a gazillion ideas for blog postings, and now that I have a chance to actually sit down and write I can't remember any of them. None of them involved funny pictures. Most of them involved rock and roll. Damn you, demon rum, you got my pappy but you won't get me.

Ok, here's a story. Once upon a time, I think it might have been 1996 or so, Admiral Nelson and I went to visit his brother at Michigan Tech, which is in Houghton, Michigan, which is in the Upper Penninsula (aka Da Yoop). Unlikely as it sounds, while we were up there, we visited The Gay Bar. It was awesome. Please enjoy the photographic evidence:

The Admiral shows his moves outside The Gay Bar. Sexy beast.

Oddly enough, I would have to characterize The Gay Bar's overall aesthetic as "not nearly gay enough."

Girl, I wanna take you to The Gay Bar.


Yep, they had a dart board. Who knew?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 09, 2008 12:57 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

Pirate,

Thanks for the first half of my birthday gift! I missed you while you were off plundering and pillaging!

And you know as well as I do (even better perhaps) that it ain't gay if you're both straight!!!!!!

 
At February 11, 2008 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, you and Andrew were just a couple of guys visiting a college with a very large percentage of male students in the middle of winter, right?

Nothing "gay" going on other than this bar, right?

I mean, before we get married, we should go out in the woods and gather some vines for centerpieces and Andrew and I can ask you if you're gay. Because I need to know if we're getting married.

AC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home