Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Awesome Album Covers: Praise the Lord Edition, Part II

you know you want it....

Everyone? Really? Do you guys have something for my Dad's birthday? 'Cause I've got no freaking clue.

If you own a Polyphonic Spree album, you're in no position to laugh.

I'm gonna put on my music snob hat and say that as unbelievably awesome as this album cover is, the music of the Louvin Brothers is hugely influential on all kinds of people that you probably listen to. Just ask Lex-Ham Rand.

The music of Country Church, however, has had zero influence on anybody you listen to -- with the possible exception of Fannypack.

Ok, so far we've learned that Satan is real, but he's paralyzed. Which is weird, because he seemed perfectly ambulatory when we were sacrificing all those goats and virgins to him last Saturday. I bet he's just been faking it so he can park in the handicapped spot at Big Top (or, as H-Lo calls it, "the boyfriend store"). That's a sweet parking spot, man.

Speaking of faking a disability, I suspect the handless organist has got some kind of scam going too. I'm pretty sure she flipped me off outside the new Midway Target. Just as it's pretty damned hard to eat corn on the cob without teeth, I think you have to have hands to fly the bird. But that's just me, I've been wrong before.

Just when you thought a ventriloquist's dummy couldn't get any creepier... Hey, is that blood dripping from the corner of his mouth?

Can't sleep - biblical ventriloquist dummy's gonna eat me.

P.S. Remember when I tried to grow a "playoff beard" while studying for the bar exam? Well, the result pretty much sucked, but I think it might have been better than Dan Betzer's.

It's a little known fact that Jim Reeves' first Top 10 hit was "Yonder Comes a Sucker." No shit.

Hey Carl, whatcha doing tonight? Ahh, Pirate, I'm just kicking it with Jesus. Really? Can I come over? Naw man, it's Just Jesus and Me.

Is it just me, or do these guys bear a suspicious resemblance to Karl Rove?

2 Comments:

At August 08, 2007 9:02 AM, Blogger Missy said...

Where to begin...where to begin....truly a miracle of God. Or paralyzed Satan.

 
At August 08, 2007 10:36 AM, Blogger Latin Lupe Lu said...

How hysterical are those covers!!?? Pirate, you never cease to amuse me. The day people I hang with are wondering why I daily giggle in my cube...I am hoping they think I find Special Education policy amusing...not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home