Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Operation: Swashbuckle

So law school is now officially and completely over. I've wrapped things up at the office and am now on leave until the end of July so I can dedicate myself full time to preparing for and passing the bar exam.
This is also the first time in about 4 years that I'll (hopefully) have enough time to actually put some effort into taking care of myself. Thus Operation: Swashbuckle has now been officially launched, with the double-pronged goals of (1) blowing the scurvy bar exam out of the water; and (2) returning to proper swashbuckling from.

14 hours into it, we're doing pretty good. I got up early practiced lifting heavy cannonballs and swinging from chandeliers with cutlass clenched between my teeth for over an hour. I then cleaned up an wandered over to my bar review class, which has wisely chosen to locate itself right here in Lex-Ham. We didn't actually talk about any substantive law today - just about the test format. So far I'm only 2% panicked at the thought of having to churn out 6 essays, a legal drafting exercise, and answer 200 multiple choice questions under serious time constraints. I expect that number to rise as the test gets closer.

In furtherance Operation: Swashbuckle, I'm finally going to get a decent bike and start pedalling like a mad man. It's no pirate ship, but it'll have to do while I'm landlocked.

I'll keep y'all updated.

5 Comments:

At May 22, 2006 10:06 PM, Blogger Rand said...

You can do it, Pirate! You need to lose a lot of weight now so that we can pack it all back on when we get our own Pizza Luce on our own freakin' block!!!!

Yaaarrrrr!!!

 
At May 23, 2006 6:42 AM, Blogger Voix said...

You are seriously gonna ROCK that exam.

If you can swashbuckle your way through law school, you can do anything.

 
At May 23, 2006 8:54 AM, Blogger Jason said...

A hearty congratulations me hearty! What a huge accomplishment. Don't forget to do your plank pull-ups. That's where you walk to the end of the plank and jump off but then grab the plank on the way down and use its springyness to flip yourself back up on deck. And don't forget to smile!

The Birdus spent last summer preparing for The Bar and it was an admittedly tough summer. You'll get through it though and come up smelling like roses. Congrats again!

 
At May 23, 2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Rand said...

If I can do it you can do it, Pirate. It's like eating a whole pizza from Pizza Luce - just take it one slice at a time.

 
At May 27, 2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

Go to that bike shop on the corner of Snelling and Marshall. They have some awesome used and restored bikes. I'm pining over one there now that looks like a 1950's Chevy with fins, but it's not in my budget right now.

Good luck with the Operation. If the pain gets to be too much, have another swig of rum and bite down on a leather strap! Arggggggggg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home