Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Well, that was anti-climactic.

I finished writing my last sundry thoughts on Rule 23(b)(3) class actions, gave my blue books over to the Dean who was proctoring the exam, and walked out of law school. It didn't really feel any different than any other day has over the past three years. I treated myself to some Chinese carry-out, mowed the lawn, enjoyed a few beers and domino games with AC, and put myself to bed by 11:30. Now I'm back at the office, reviewing discovery documents and it's just another Wednesday. Obla-dee obla-da, life really does go on.

10 Comments:

At May 10, 2006 12:45 PM, Blogger Voix said...

Dude. Leave work early and go get some ice cream from Izzy's.

 
At May 10, 2006 1:40 PM, Blogger Rand said...

Or some organic chocolate truffles at Legacy Chocolates next door to Izzy's on Marshall.

 
At May 10, 2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Voix said...

Yeah. Those would work, too. But Izzy's Dark Chocolate Zinfandel? Or Mango? Or maybe some Blueberry Cheesecake? YUM. Good for what ails you.

 
At May 10, 2006 4:07 PM, Blogger Rand said...

Ohhhh - a dark chocolate zinfandel with a Legacy truffle on top as the "izzy."

 
At May 10, 2006 6:02 PM, Blogger The Pirate of Selby Avenue said...

You do realize that none of that is going to help my other summer project (other than passing the bar) of getting back into slightly more swashbuckling shape. 3 years of forced sedentary living and poor dietary choices have not been kind to the pirate carcass.

 
At May 10, 2006 9:07 PM, Blogger Rand said...

Well, you could smear the ice cream all over your torso and then get in shape by running away from your hounds of hell as their snapping vise-like jaws tear at the hem of your running shorts...

Michele and I will bring lawn chairs and eat Izzy's as we watch you run up and down Selby Avenue.

 
At May 11, 2006 8:28 AM, Blogger The Pirate of Selby Avenue said...

I'm not worried about the hounds of hell so much (since I live with them and all). What will set me running is the inevitable swarm of hornets.

 
At May 11, 2006 11:09 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

I wanna watch too! Count me and my lawn chair in. And I like peanut butter ice cream!

 
At May 11, 2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Rand said...

Rand and Lucas and Michele...sitting in lawn chairs eating ice cream...

The Pirate...running for his life with ice cream smeared over his amble post-piratical studies torso from a swarm of hornets down Selby avenue....

 
At May 18, 2006 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't even have a wank?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home