Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Love Rock-n-Roll

Now that I have officially received my letter of marque, and can pillage and plunder without further adult supervision, I'm getting back to my first love... ROCK AND ROLL, BABY!! WOOOOOO!!! (insert sound of a PBR tallboy being cracked open here)
Last week was all about returning to my former haunts, both physically and (dare I say it?) spiritually. Yep, I got see Joan Jett & The BlackHearts, The Eagles of Death Metal, and The Hold Steady all within 48 hours.

At First Ave., where so much of my youth was misspent.

It was fucking great.




Just two ideas worth parlaying to those who weren't there:
  1. You haven't seen a crowd go completely, stark raving looney-birds crazy until you've seen Joan Jett with the Minnesota Roller Girls.
  2. The Hold Steady's new album "Boys and Girls in America" may very well be the best album of this crappy decade. I mean, I dug 'em before and everything, but this album is such a sublime crystalization of a time and place for me. I feel like somebody wrote this epic poem about my life and times circa 1989 - 1994, and set it to some of the most ass-kicking rock-n-roll music ever recorded. If you grew up a little bit on the wild side in the late 80's - early 90's, and especially if you did it the Twin Cities, this album is going to set off a lot of memories.

3 Comments:

At November 02, 2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

Please take me along next time. I'm still waiting to experience First Ave. I'm embarrased to admit it, but I'm a virgin. Really.

 
At November 02, 2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Rand said...

Congratumafuckinglations, Pirate! You passed the keel-hauling, and now we both carry the same badge.

Next time you get pulled over, be sure to show it to the officer. They just LOVE that. It will be a real SPECIAL experience for you.

And for God's sake, please deflower Lucas' First Avenue virginity as soon as possible.

 
At November 05, 2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Something dirty said...

Yay! Nice to meet you and your lovely wife, Pirate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home