Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bushy-Tailed Tree Rat Viciously Attacks Public Servant


Hi, I'm the Pirate of Selby Avenue, and I @*%$#!!! hate squirrels. I don't know if the Postal Service (they people who bring you the mail, not the band) has some kind of Purple Heart equivelant for the Cliff Clayvans of the world who are injured in the line of duty, but if they do I show hope that this brave public servant gets one. Read on:
OIL CITY, Pa. — Barb Dougherty, a 30-year Postal Service employee, said she was attacked and bitten Monday by a squirrel while delivering mail in Oil City, about 75 miles north of Pittsburgh.

"It was a freak thing. It was traumatic,'' Dougherty told The Derrick newspaper. "I saw it there on the porch, put the mail in the box and turned to walk away and it jumped on me.''

She said the animal ran up her leg and onto her back.

"I eventually got a hold of the tail and pulled it off me,'' Dougherty said. "No one was home at the house where I was delivering the mail, but the neighbor lady heard me screaming and came over.''

An ambulance took Dougherty to a hospital, where she was treated for cuts and scratches. The squirrel was killed with a BB gun and sent to a lab to be tested for rabies. Dougherty was given the first series of rabies shots as a precaution.

Postal officials said the attack is extraordinary.

"In about 230 years of postal history, I bet it is not the first, but I've personally never heard of another squirrel biting,'' said Steve Kochersperger, spokesman for the Erie district.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 02, 2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

Arg Pirate. My name is Petite Flower and I fucking hate squirrels. The hate affair began after the furry monsters destroyed my lovely Halloween display several years back and only grew stronger when squirrels began to eat black walnuts whose shells stain my concrete walkway. Not to mention the heinous shreiking they do for no apparant reason. Hate. That's it. Hate, hate, hate!

 
At November 02, 2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Rand said...

My dog and cat chase squirrels, and they do it without mercy.

Those rascals tend to stay clear of our place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home