Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Nose, prepare to meet grindstone

I'm going back to work tomorrow after a nearly two month hiatus. I know I'm going to regret saying this later, but right now I can't freaking wait. I feel guilty when I'm not doing something productive (I blame the Protestant work ethic for that), and after doing nothing but bar exam-related bullshit for months on end, I'm excited to be doing something that makes a difference in the real world. I know that the firm has really been swamped while I've been away, so I know there's going to be a huge pile of work for me to get cracking on. Today is going to be dedicated to ironing shirts, shining shoes, and planning my lunches for the week. I feel like I get to have my life back for the first time since early 2003 when I started this whole crazy journey.

3 Comments:

At August 06, 2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Voix said...

Good luck. After a long summer vacation, I'm actually ready to get back to work myself. Enjoy the feeling of satisfaction when you can. Structure is nice in a day, isn't it?

 
At August 07, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Rand said...

Keep your balance, Pirate man. Too much pillaging isn't good for the soul!

 
At August 09, 2006 7:37 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

Hmmmm, I think I missed the "If I'm not busy working I feel worthless gene." Anyone know where I can pick one of those bad boys up because I'd much rather be home lounging myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home