Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The bar exam is over, I am slowly re-joining humanity


It didn't take me too long to figure that the Bar Exam has nothing at all to do with testing people's abilities to practice law comptently and ethically - it is nothing more and nothing less than a primitive hazing ritual dressed up as an intellectual exercise. If you want to join the Crips or the Bloods, you have to endure getting jumped into the gang by surviving a beating from your fellow gang members. If you want to join your state bar, you have to endure the bar exam, which is the mental equivalent of getting jumped in a dark alley by a half dozen prison escapees.

Anyhoo, I survived. Still have ten fingers and ten toes. I can still walk. I still want to assume the fetal position and hide under a desk when I hear the term "rule against perpetuities." I'm slowly rejoining humanity, one baby-step at a time. My readjustment phase to date was consisted of: drink beer, drink whiskey, later, rinse, repeat, attend a baseball game, play Monopoly and actually sit down for a meal with AC, more beer, make use of the Boss' North Shore Cabin for a few days. Tonight: my triumphant return to neighborhood poker - hold onto yer wallets, ye scurvy wretches!

Needless to say, my posting levels should dramatically improve (after making two posts in two months, I've got nowhere to go but up - right?). Coming soon: crazy stuff that happened during the bar exam!

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 1:09 PM, Blogger Rand said...

Hooray! Welcome back, Pirate!!

 
At August 07, 2006 8:11 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Welcome back brutha! No matter what lingering doubts you may have, I'll bet you crushed that exam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home