Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Phase 1 of Operation: Monkeys Take Over Iowa is underway!



Look, I don't want to spill the beans or anything here, so all I'm gonna say is that Tom Vilsack better watch out because it's just a matter of time before an Orangutan is sitting in the governor's mansion.
DES MOINES, Iowa - When firefighters responded to an alarm at a local research center, they found no fire and one guilty ape.
A bonobo named Panbanisha pulled the fire alarm last Friday at the Great Ape Trust of Iowa, said apologetic researchers. "It's my understanding that she's been told not to do it again," Trust spokesman Al Setka said.
The fire alarm is on a wall in an area used by the apes and members of the scientific team. Panbanisha, a 25-year-old female, is one of seven bonobos at the facility, and was among the first group to arrive in April 2005. Bonobos are among the most human-like of the great apes.
Setka said Sue Savage-Rumbaugh, a lead scientist studying the behavior and intelligence of bonobos, scolded Panbanisha.
Fire department spokesman Brian O'Keefe said Monday it was the first known case of an animal setting off a fire alarm in Des Moines.
The center, on a 230-acre site, also has three orangutans.
Trust me, this is all part of a much grander scheme. If I told you more I'd have to make you walk the plank. However, I would suggest that you start watching Planet of the Apes very, very carefully this weekend. If you're in on the plan, all I can say is: Bravo Omega, the walrus is in the basement, I repeat, the walrus is in the basement. Over and out.

2 Comments:

At November 17, 2006 6:06 PM, Blogger Faux Nombre said...

First Iowa, then the world.

 
At November 19, 2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Rand said...

I thought Iowa was already run by monkeys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home