Escape From the Scooby Doo Mansion

You wanted the awesome, you got the awesome!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wednesday Afternoon Videos

Kinda like Friday Night Videos, but more Scooby Doo Mansionesque.

Video #1 is "Most Beautiful Girl in the Room" from Flight of the Conchords. Turn up the volume, you're gonna want to hear the lyrics. I hope Prince covers this song someday.



Video #2 is just for you, Admiral Nelson. Enjoy, you crazy bastard.



And yeah, I effing loved this song in 1986. Being the smarty-pirate that I am now, I could probably come up with a pretty convincing argument that Sigue Sigue Sputnik's nihilistic post-apocalyptic aesthetic somehow sublimated my pubescent Reagan-era anxieties about nuclear (sorry, I mean "nuk-u-lar") war. But that would be bullshit. The truth is that it was 1986, and in my mind the choice was either Sigue Sigue Sputnik or Huey Lewis and the News. I stand by my decision

3 Comments:

At August 09, 2007 10:21 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I wonder what the 4th most beautiful girl on the street looks like.

 
At August 09, 2007 10:25 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Alsoo, I happen to embrace Huey.

 
At August 10, 2007 9:55 AM, Blogger Latin Lupe Lu said...

Pirate, your a damn genius...again! Your anaylsis of Sigue is right on and I totally support your decision to embrace Sigue at that time in your life...it was the right decision. Both the Blacktop Disciple agree! Slam ON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home